Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Jonell Mosser Duet


The Jonell Mosser Duet


I was blessed to have Nashville's own Jonell Mosser record a duet for my new album. I am so incredibly excited for you all to hear the track! The song is from one of my biggest musical influences, Wynonna Judd and is called "When I Reach the Place I'm Going". Ironically this song is from Wynonna’s five time multi-platinum debut album; in which Jonell brilliantly sang the back up vocals for several of the songs and also the #1 track on the album titled "No One Else on Earth.”

Jonell was my neighbor when I lived in Nashville, and let me tell you she has an incredible voice, she sounds like the perfect marriage of Emmylou Harris and Bonnie Raitt with just a touch of Janis Joplin. Over the years she has provided backing vocals for a who's who of performers like; Wynonna Judd, Etta James, Kenny Chesney, Darrell Scott, Delbert McClinton, Ty Herndon, T. Graham Brown, Rita Coolidge, Pure Prairie League, Hank Williams, Jr., Trisha Yearwood, Kristen Chenoweth, Waylon Jennings, Lee Roy Parnell, Kris Kristofferson, Tanya Tucker, Vince Gill, George Jones and Joan Baez. She was also the first and only female vocal choice of super producer Don Was when he started his own project “The New Maroons” with Benmont Tench (Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers), Ringo Starr (yes of the Beatles) and Mark Goldenberg.

Well, I am not sure I am worthy of her talent, nor of all the talent that has helped create this new album, but I do know that I am most definitely BLESSED! Many many heartfelt thanks to Jonell, Bryant and my new friend and producer, Scott Blanton (who produced my vocal) you all have made my YEAR!

Peace and Love - enjoy the video above
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment